Beautifully executed Vienna Secession design upon this biscuit barrel made by the well-known firm of WMF (Wurttembergische Metallwarenfabrik) in Germany circa 1905. Reticulated frame and lid with Secession elements which are repeated in the hand-cut and etched crystal liner. Illustrated on page 252 in the workshop's 1906 catalogue. 8 1/2" H., 3 3/4" D., 5 3/4" W.
Silvered crocodile-wrapped flask in desirable discreet size. A detachable drinking cup with gilded interior slips off for convenience. England circa 1910. 2 1/4" W., 3 3/4" H.
English whisky flask with sterling silver mounts. The flask is bound with crocodile. A convenient drinking cup with gilded interior slips off for convenience. Curved back to fit nicely into a hip or breast pocket. Hallmarks: G & JW Hawksley, Sheffield 1902. 3 1/2" W., 6 1/8" H.
A pair of basket-form sterling silver salt cellars have foliates in relief. Each salt, with its cobalt-blue liner, is accompanied by its own spoon. All fully hallmarked: Joseph Gloster, Birmingham 1905. 2 1/4" W., 1 1/4" H' 2 1/4" L. spoons
Bold magnifier has a curved staghorn handle. Detailed English silver mounts are fully hallmarked: George Howson, Sheffield 1900. 4" W., 10 1/4" L.
Lovely Anglo-Indian sterling silver frame with a curved design. The frame has detail of elephants among trees in high relief. Wooden easel back. Silver of this genre was made in the Lucknow region on India, early 1900's. 5" W., 6 1/2" H.; 3 1/4" W., 4 3/4" H. photo
Lushly enameled in green upon its silver handle. The magnifier is hallmarked: Martin Hall (Richard Martin & Ebenezer Hall), Sheffield 1894. 5" L.
Fine quality aqua Bristol glasses with cut pillar stems. Additional cutting upon the goblet. A beautiful Victorian-era set, circa 1890. 5 1/4" H. each
Lovely quality sterling silver and mother-of-pearl butter knife. The curved, scallop-edge blade is finely hand-engraved with a floral-and-ribbon pattern. Hallmarks: Hilliard & Thomason, Birmingham 1887. Ideal for pâté and soft cheeses. Complete in original, lush red- velvet- and silk-lined box. 6 3/4" L.
Elegant, large, sterling silver magnifier. The long handle has a hand-chased spiral-foliate pattern in relief. Hallmarks: Hilliard & Thomason, Birmingham 1899. 4" W., 10 1/4" L.
Beautiful antique sterling silver magnifier with a lovely swirl grip handle. Mount upon the glass ring has a complementing pattern in relief as well as bead-edge detail. Hallmarks: Adie & Lovekin, Birmingham 1900. 3" W., 7" L.
Beautiful and bold Art Nouveau sterling silver frame. Undulating borders surround a hammered surface on the large form. Original lush velvet easel back. Hallmarks: Henry Matthews, Birmingham 1905. 8 1/2" W., 11 1/2" H., 5 7/8" W., 8 1/8" H. photo
Completely hammered wine bottle stand. The Vienna Secession-era stand was made in the Frantisek Bibus, known as Franz, workshop in Bohemia (Czechoslovakia) circa 1910. 2 1/4" H., 3 1/2" W.
Fine Gorham sterling silver whisky flask. The glass form is covered in basket-weave silver and is fitted with a convenient, removable drinking cup, gilded within. Top cap has a bayonet hinge and turns to lock or unlock. Marked with the firm's "caliper" date symbol for 1908 along with the famous Rhode Island silver workshop's hallmarks. 2 5/8" W., 5 1/4" H.
Tiffany patinated bronze Zodiac-pattern bookends. The pair depicts the twelve signs of the zodiac in relief. Impressed marks upon each. Tiffany Studios, New York 1091. Circa 1905. A similar pair illustrated in "Tiffany Desk Sets," by Holland, page 36. 6" H., 5" W.
Remarkably detailed enamel and sterling silver butterfly brooch. Aqua with gradations of emerald green along with golden and sienna accents. Black veining defines the realistic wing pattern. Fine example made by the John Atkins & Sons workshop. Fully hallmarked John Atkins, Birmingham 1918. 2 5/8" W., 1 3/4" H.
Handsome English magnifier. Staghorn handle with sterling silver mounts. Each mount has ram's-head-relief design along with beaded accents. Hallmarks: William Beatson, Sheffield 1893. 4" W., 10 3/8" L.
Victorian wine bottle coasters have beautifully reticulated galleries. Bases are turned wood with a central button. England circa 1880. 2 1/2" H., 5 5/8" W.