Silver vodka cup engraved with foliate and architectural designs. Assay mark for Anatoly Appollonovich Artsybashev, Moscow 1889. Light gilding within. 2" H.
Lovely Anglo-Indian sterling silver frame with a curved design. The frame has detail of elephants among trees in high relief. Wooden easel back. Silver of this genre was made in the Lucknow region on India, early 1900's. 5" W., 6 1/2" H.; 3 1/4" W., 4 3/4" H. photo
Reticulated tall wine bottle stand. The pierced design depicts stylized flowers in alternating panels about the circumference of the elegant form. Made by Barker Bros. in Birmingham circa 1915. 7 1/4" H.
Handsome classic design English sterling silver flask. The practical, discreet size has one curved side to comfortably fit a hip or breast pocket. Bayonet feature on its top, locking cap. Hallmarks: Charles S. Green, Birmingham 1918. 3 1/8" W., 4 1/4" H.
Edwardian chased sterling silver snuff box. Top has scrolling, chased foliates around a central leaf-form cartouche. Gilded interior. Hallmarks: Adie & Lovekin, Birmingham 1904. 3/8" H., 1 1/2" W., 2 1/2" L.
Nice quality antique sterling silver flask in desirable, discreet size. Drinking cup removes from bottom for convenience and cap has bayonet-hinge design. Cup is gilded within. Hallmarks: James Dixon & Sons, Sheffield 1895. 2 1/4" W., 3 3/4" H.
Lovely double-end silver egg cup decorated with detailed panels depicting open-winged eagles and florettes. Stamped 1st standard Minerva mark for 950 Fine Silver along with maker mark. France circa 1890. 1 5/8" W., 2" H.
Lovely Gorham sterling silver bowl with eleven deep panel sections. Elaborate scrolling florals are in high relief upon the panel rim. Gilded within. Stamped with this prominent Rhode Island silversmith's "bell" date symbol for year 1900. 9 1/2" W.
The handsome sterling silver snuff box has a completely hammered surface along with a vacant central medallion. The hinged top has a clasp to open and, when closed, top is flush with its borders. Hallmarks: William Neale, Chester 1903. 2 1/2" W., 3 1/2" L., 5/8" H.
Lovely Victorian sterling silver box with floral and scroll repousse decoration upon the top as well as sides. The elegant box is further enhanced with chasing and crimp-edge detail. Hallmarks: George Nathan & Ridley Hayes, Chester 1895. 3/4" H., 1 3/4" W., 3 7/8" L.
Lovely old Sheffield plate wine funnel with a gadroon-wave border. The hand-pierced strainer completes the design and detaches for cleaning. Sheffield circa 1830. 3 1/2" W., 5" L.
Sterling silver Adams-style candlesticks. Oval bases with fluted designs which are repeated upon the column. Beaded edging is found upon the base as well as on the oval bobeches. Hallmarks: George Henry Hibberd, Birmingham 1903. 6 3/4" H.
Elaborately detailed, hand-chased scrolling florals cover the lovely snuff box. The hinged top has a vacant oval cartouche with an engraved border. Gilded within. Hallmarks: Colin Hewer Cheshire, Birmingham 1888. 1 1/4" W., 1 7/8" L., 1/2" H.
Sterling silver English snuff box with a repousse design upon the oval form's top as well as sides. The box has chased accents and crimped-edge detail. Gilded within. Hallmarks: Deakin & Francis, Birmingham 1899. 3/4" H., 1 1/4" W., 3" L.
Beautifully chased, swirling foliate patterns adorn the sterling silver vesta, or match safe. A vacant shield-form cartouche is upon the front, a striker at the bottom. Hallmarks: George Loveridge, Birmingham 1898. 1 3/8" W., 2 1/8" L.
Nineteenth-century, hinged wine bottle holder. The lovely, classic design opens to allow placement of the bottle and when closed, handles meet to allow pouring. The silvered holder has hallmarks of the William Hutton & Sons workshop of Sheffield circa 1890. Accommodates Pinot Noir-, Chardonnay-, Syrah- type bottles. 10 1/4" H.
Quite elegant wine or Champagne basket caddy. The silvered holder has beautiful reticulated work as well as bead-edge detail. Made in England circa 1910. 4" W., 9 1/4" L., 7 3/4" H.
Stunning Art Nouveau wine bottle stand made in Vienna by the Argentor workshop circa 1902. A frieze of elegant reticulated foliates rises above a raised support base. The tops of the six-leaf forms create a scallop-design opening. The Argentor firm, located in Wimbergerstrasser in Vienna, was founded by Ernst Russ and Adolf Wilhelm Hetzel. Illustrated in an early Argentor Werke catalog, page 82. 4 1/2" H.